Friday, June 20, 2014

Lunacy Looms Large [poem]

~~~


Lunacy Looms Large

There was a string of shadow
stretching along the border of my mind
as a landmark and checkpoint
for my thoughts roaming about.

It served as a warning, perhaps,
for stray fantasies to keep to these realms.
Those random roving rogues roaming
wreaking havoc in the space
between cell and cell
burn all synapses to hell.
Well.

I saw this frontier of shades,
it was intimidating and cool
immensely reassuring as well.
Only it flickered a little.
So I began to fear for this wall.
If I go nuts too much it will fall!

The way it looked, great but frail
made me wonder.
Could powerful mindshots bring it down?
Yonder sanity could be invaded
easily, easily. Smoothly, quickly.

There used to be a string of shade
dark and strong, but soon to fade
making room for dementia to deploy.
It shall struggle to stay sane,
but world of wit will wane.

~~~
- The Confused Insect

No comments:

Post a Comment